Holy Comforter Catholic Church







Home

  Catholic Resources
   
  View the Blog
   

 
Subscribe
Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button to receive updates via email.

 
 
Recent Posts
 
Categories
 
 
Disclaimer
This Blog provides links to Web sites solely for the user's convenience. By providing these links, the parish of Holy Comforter assumes no responsibility for, nor does it necessarily endorse, these Web sites, their content, or their sponsoring organizations.
 
Blog
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Novenas to the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael

Guido Reni's archangel Michael (in the Capuchin church of Santa Maria della Concezione, Rome) tramples Satan.September 29th is the Feast of the Archangels. Here are three novenas to the archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael.

Novena to St. Michael the Archangel
Novena Dates September 21 - 29, Feast Day September 29

St. Michael the Archangel, loyal champion of God and His people, I turn to you with confidence and seek your powerful intercession. For the love of God, Who made you so glorious in grace and power, and for the love of the Mother of Jesus, the Queen of the Angels, be pleased to hear my prayer. You know the value on my soul in the eyes of God. May no stain of evil ever disfigure its beauty. Help me to conquer the evil spirit who tempts me. I desire to imitate your loyalty to God and Holy Mother Church and your great love for God and people. And since you are God's messenger for the care of his people, I entrust to you this special request: (Mention your request).

St. Michael, since you are, by the Will of the Creator, the powerful intercessor of Christians, I have great confidence in your prayers. I earnestly trust that if it is God's holy Will, my petition will be granted.

Pray for me, St. Michael, and also for those I love. Protect us in all dangers of body and soul. Help us in our daily needs. Through your powerful intercession, may we live a holy life, die a happy death, and reach heaven where we may praise and love God with you forever. Amen.


Gabriel making the Annunciation to the Virgin Mary. Painting by El Greco, 1575 (Museo del Prado, Madrid).Novena to St. Gabriel the Archangel
Novena Dates September 21 - 29, Feast Day September 29

St. Gabriel the Archangel, I venerate you as the "Angel of the Incarnation," because God has specially appointed you to bear the messages concerning the God-Man to Daniel, Zechariah, and the Blessed Virgin Mary. Give me a tender and devoted Mother, more like your own.

I venerate you also as the "strength from God," because you are the giver of God's strength, consoler and comforter chosen to strengthen God's faithful and to teach them important truths. I ask for the grace of a special power of the will to strive for holiness of life. Steady my resolutions, renew my courage, comfort and console me in the problems, trials, and sufferings of daily living, as you consoled our Savior in His agony and Mary in her sorrows and Joseph in his trials. I put my confidence in you.

St. Gabriel, I ask you especially for this favor: (Mention your request). Through your earnest love for the Son of God-Made-Man and for His blessed Mother, I beg of you, intercede for me that my request may be granted, if it be God's holy Will.

Pray for us, St. Gabriel the Archangel. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us Pray. Almighty and ever-living God, since You chose the Archangel Gabriel from among all the Angels to announce the mystery of Your Son's Incarnation, mercifully grant that we who honor him on earth may feel the benefit of his patronage in heaven. You live and reign for ever. Amen.


St. RaphaelNovena to St. Raphael the Archangel
Novena Dates September 21 - 29, Feast Day September 29

Holy Archangel Raphael, standing so close to the throne of God and offering Him our prayers, I venerate you as God's special Friend and Messenger. I choose you as my Patron and wish to love and obey you as young Tobiah did. I consecrate to you my body and soul,all my work, and my whole life. I want you to be my Guide and Counselor in all the dangerous and difficult problems and decisions of my life.

Remember, dearest, St. Raphael, that the grace of God preserved you with the good Angels in heaven when the proud ones were cast into hell. I entreat you, therefore, to help me in my struggle against the world, the spirit of impurity, and the devil. Defend me from all dangers and every occasion of sin. Direct me always in the way of peace, safety, and salvation. Offer my prayers to God as you offered those of Tobiah, so that through your intercession I may obtain the graces necessary for the salvation of my soul. I ask you to pray that God grant me this favor if it be His holy Will: (Mention your request).

St. Raphael, help me to love and serve my God faithfully, to die in His grace, and finally to merit to join you in seeing and praising God forever in heaven. Amen.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please pray that our son will help us to make our home with him in the country where he's settled, please, please pray that God will remove all the obstacles that are preventing us from going to live with him. I' desperately praying that God will open this closed door for us. This is a very crucial time for all of us.

March 13, 2010 at 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will pray for you. God will open this door for you. May you find much peace and happiness with your son in your new home.

Please pray for me and my family. We lost all of our wealth nearly two years ago and it has been a day to day struggle. My husband is trying to build back what we lost. May God finally open this door for us so we can be in the position of helping others in need.

March 18, 2010 at 12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please pray for my mother she is having lot of tensions in her life because of us.

It's been month that she has slept in nights...because of the fear about our careers,

please pray that the archangels may come and remove all the worries from her life.

I make this prayer through christ our lord
Amen

June 30, 2010 at 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please pray for my brother for healing his ankle injury he suffered last week.
Also pray for me for the healing os my sexual addiction and for my career.
My parents for the continous success in their career.
And to my brothers for their academic suceess
thanks and god bless

July 17, 2010 at 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will add your prayers and pray for all of you. I also want to thank God and his angels for watching over me and my family and giving us protection. Thank you for the many blessings you have bestowed on us. Amen.

August 10, 2010 at 9:36 PM  
Anonymous Ogo Stella said...

May it please God to locate my husband and i at the end of my Novena to St. Raphael this month, The angel of happy meeting, the angel of good news, i need u now.. to interceed on my behalf. The angel of war, fight against every demon/battle/barrier that is standing against; my prayers, my husband and i, my blessings and favours... also pray that God will bring his salvation, love and prosperity in my family... I make this prayer through Christ our Lord... Amen!

August 13, 2010 at 5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will offer my prayers for all who need the help of our Lord and Savior through the blessed intercession of the Archangel Raphael. Bless you all and please pray for my wife whose cancer has returned. Blessed be God forever.

September 6, 2010 at 11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good St. Michael, protect me from the temptations of the Devil that I may use the time God has given me to do His will only.

January 6, 2011 at 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to the archangels ST>MICHAEL, ST>GABRIEL, ST. RAPHAEL pray for my daughter that she may open her eyes to see where her problems come from, so she may not be so defensive and blame the wrong people.

June 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please pray for me that God should protect me in my place of work and promote me too. I also pray for the will of God to be done in my life and God should increase my spiritual life and use me as an instrument of peace to spread His gospel.

September 13, 2011 at 6:22 AM  
Anonymous Mary Lucia said...

Please pray for the spiritual, physical, temporal and financial needs of my family and for Mary Jane, and little Mike and all who have cancer and are undergoing very difficult chemo and radiation. Please pray for the conversion of Haleigh, my sons, our siblings and loved ones who have fallen away from the practice of the faith. Please pray for all of our family, ancestral, religious and beloved dead. Holy Archangels Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, pray for us!

September 21, 2011 at 2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Holy Archangels Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, please hear my prayers for the spiritual, temporal, physical and financial needs of my family and loved ones, for protection from all evil, for conversion, healing,jobs,a home of our own, the grace of a happy death, the forgiveness of our sins,and the kingdom of heaven and the release from purgatory for all our family and loved ones. Our hopes are in you. Pray for us!

September 24, 2011 at 12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most Holy Archangels Michael, Gabriel and Raphael,
Please present my prayers and petitions before the throne of Almighty God and ask Him to help us and to save us all. I trust in you holy intercessory powers. I pray that I may meet you one day in the heavenly kingdom.

Mary in IL

September 27, 2011 at 2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in great pain. Please come to my aid and present all my prayers before the throne of God.
I am confident that you will come to my assistance. I trust in your great intercessory powers and that God will be attentive to your prayers for us. Holy Archangels, Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, pray for us!

September 28, 2011 at 2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray for a happy and glorious feast day for you Holy Archangels Michael, Gabriel and Raphael. May Our Dear Lord grant your every request. prayer and petition for my family, the Church, the world and the Holy Souls and all who invoke your powerful intercession before the throne of God. Bless you Holy Archangels now and forever.

September 29, 2011 at 3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ask all the Arc Angels to continue to protect & pray for my teenage son that he will chose recovery over his drug addiction, as soon as possible and that he will be made worthy of the blessings of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

October 2, 2011 at 7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ask for prayer for my husband and myself who have had three years of financial downfalls. My husband lost his job, he was hit Pby a driver and suffers back injuries, my health is failing. We are financial suffering and need the Archangels protection and aid for financial breakthrough. We need a breakthrough now before we loose our home and if we do we can loose our livelhood. Pray for us that we will once again have the favor of God. Restoring our prosperity. If there is a curse that it be broken and returned with a blessing. Amen

January 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger j tingley said...

Thank you st. Rafael st.michale and st. Gabriel for answering my prayer l love u and thank you and love u

January 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
 
Send any questions or comments about the web site to the .